Buying a brand new home is an exciting time, but with a new home being one of the largest investments you’re likely to make, it’s important that you understand the process, what you’re buying and what help is available should problems arise.
The Consumer Code for Home Builders (“the Code”) was developed by the home-building industry to make the home buying process fairer and more transparent for purchasers.
The Code is designed to help you understand what levels of service to expect from Darcliffe Homes, ensuring you are fully informed about your purchase and know your consumer rights before and after you move in.
The Code contains Requirements that all Home Builders who register homes with the UK’s main new Home Warranty Bodies; NHBC, Premier Guarantee and LABC Warranty must comply with. These warranty bodies represent over 90% of the new homes built in the UK.
The Code covers a range of customer service Requirements, including:
- Effective customer service training
- Clear and truthful advertising and marketing materials
- Sufficient pre-purchase information to help you make an informed decision about your purchase
- Contact details for the Home Builder and other relevant bodies
- Home Warranty information
- Contract information including termination rights
- Timing of construction, completion and handover
- After-sales service
- Complaints process
For further information on the full Code Requirements please visit www.consumercode.co.uk